In all of AIMA’s history spanning more than 6 decades, it has been promoting excellence in the discipline of management in business and education. The AIMA Managing India Awards was constituted in 2010 to promote management in every sphere of life and be recognized as a patron of management in fields as varied as commerce, art, and cinema.
This year, the 11th edition of the AIMA Managing India Award is also being organised virtually, coinciding with the 48thNational Management Convention. The Award presentation ceremony will be held on Wednesday, 22nd September 2021 from 6:45 PM onwards.
Mr Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Government of India will be the Chief Guest at the Managing India Awards on 22nd September 2021.
A jury chaired by Mr Harshavardhan Neotia, Past President, AIMA and Chairman, Ambuja Neotia Group has decided on the deserving people who will be awarded under different categories in 2020-21. The winners for this year are
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Falguni Nayar, Founder & CEO, Nykaa E-Retail Pvt Ltd
- Young Entrepreneur Award– Ritesh Agarwal, Founder & Group CEO, Oyo Rooms
- Transformational Business Leader of the Year - Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-Founder & CEO, Ola Cabs
- Director of the Year - Zoya Akhtar, Film Director and Writer
- MNC in India of the Year - Xiaomi India (Manu Jain, Managing Director, Xiaomi India to receive the award)
- Outstanding Contribution to Media - Kalli Purie, Vice Chairperson, India Today Group
- Outstanding PSU of the Year – State Bank of India (Dinesh Kumar Khara, Chairman, State Bank of India to receive the award)
- Outstanding Institution Builder - A M Naik, Group Chairman, Larsen & Toubro Ltd
- Emerging Business Leader of the Year - Adar Poonawalla, CEO, Serum Institute of India
- Business Leader of the Year - Sanjiv Goenka, Chairman, RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group
- Lifetime Contribution Award - Adi Godrej, Chairman, Godrej Group
Citations for the winners would be read by eminent personalities such as Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, B J Panda, T V Mohandas Pai, Shekhar Gupta, Vir Sanghvi, N K Singh, Shrinivas Dempo, Ritu Beri, Raj Nayak, Suhel Seth and Rajiv Makhni.