AIMA MANAGING INDIA AWARDS 2017
27th April 2017 : Hotel Taj Palace, New Delhi
The All India Management Association (AIMA), as the national apex body of management profession in the country is committed to enhancing the competence of management profession through its multifaceted activities. Every year, to recognise excellence in Management, Entrepreneurship and Leadership, AIMA confers Awards on distinguished professionals and organisations who have made outstanding contribution.
The AIMA Managing India Awards was established with an aim to recognise the achievers who have made a fundamental difference, creating an edge above peers for others to emulate. Since its inception in 2010, these Awards have been conferred on leading icons from the Indian industry, media, sport and entertainment. Over the years, AIMA Managing India Awards have become one of the most coveted leadership honours in the country and are greatly valued.
A neutral jury, chaired by Mr Sanjiv Goenka, Chairman, RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group has decided the eminent personalities who will be awarded under different categories in 2017. The winners for this year include:
- Dilip Shanghvi, Founder and Managing Director, Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd
- Nandan Nilekani, Former Chairman, UIDAI
- Pawan Munjal, Chairman, Managing Director & CEO, Hero Motocorp Ltd
- Arundhati Bhattacharya, Chairperson, State Bank of India
- Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
- F C Kohli, Founder and Former CEO, Tata Consultancy Services
- Anand Burman, Chairman, Dabur Group
- Nitesh Tiwari, Film Director & Screenwriter
- Priyanka Chopra, Indian Actress, Film Producer and Philanthropist
- T N Ninan, Chairman & Editorial Director, Business Standard
- Sutirtha Bhattacharya, Chairman and Managing Director, Coal India Ltd
- Sanjay Gupta, Jagran Group CEO and Editor, Dainik Jagran
- Rahul Sharma, Co-founder, Micromax Informatics
- Anil Rai Gupta, Chairman & Managing Director, Havells India Limited
- Amit Chandra, CEO, Managing Director, Bain India and Archana Chandra, CEO, Jai Vakeel Foundation
- Sharad Sharma, Co-founder & Governing Council Member, iSPIRT Foundation
- Devansh Jain, Founder and Executive Director, INOX Wind Limited
The winners will be conferred the AIMA Managing India Awards trophy at a glittering Awards Ceremony to be held on Thursday, 27 April, 2017 at Durbar Hall, Hotel Taj Palace, New Delhi.
For more information please contact:
Mr Bijoy Philip
Phone: 011-24645100, 43128100, Extn:- 524
(Sitting L-R) Rajat Sharma, Chairman & Editor-in-Chief, India TV; S Ramadorai, Former Vice Chairman, Tata Consultancy Services and Chairman, National Skill Development Agency & National Skill Development Corporation; Suresh Prabhu, Minister for Railways, Government of India; Ajay Piramal, Chairman, Piramal Group and Satish Reddy, Chairman, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (Standing L-R) Rekha Sethi, Director General, AlMA; Amit Agarwal, Vice President & Country Manager, Amazon India; Sachin Bansal, Executive Chairman & Co-Founder, Flipkart; Rajiv Bajaj, Managing Director, Bajaj Auto Ltd; Firdose Vandrevala, President, AlMA and Sunil Kant Munjal, Senior Vice President AIMA, Joint Managing Director, Hero MotoCorp Ltd & Chairman, Hero Corporate Service Pvt Ltd.
The Seventh Edition of AIMA Managing India Awards
The seventh edition of AIMA Managing India Awards was held on April 28, 2016 at Hotel Taj Palace, New Delhi to honour stalwarts from various fields at a glittering function attended by the who’s who of India.
The AIMA Managing India Awards aim to recognise the contributions of those who have set benchmarks of excellence in their respective spheres and have helped build Brand India - stalwarts from different fields, who have excelled in their respective spheres with vision and inspiration and are worthy of emulation and admiration.
This year, stalwarts from the world of business, media and corporate have been chosen to be felicitated with the awards for their exceptional work and service to their field of work.
Award Winners for this Year are :
• Transformational Business Leader of the Year – Sachin Bansal, Executive Chairman & Co-Founder, Flipkart
•MNC in India of the Year – Amazon Seller Services Pvt Ltd, Presented to Amit Agarwal, Vice President & Country Manager, Amazon India
• Outstanding Contribution to Media – Rajat Sharma, Chairman & Editor-in-Chief, India TV
• Indian MNC of the Year – Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd Presented to Satish Reddy, Chairman, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
• Corporate Citizen of the Year - Ajay Piramal, Chairman, Piramal Group
• Business Leader of the Year – Rajiv Bajaj, Managing Director, Bajaj Auto Ltd
• Outstanding Institution Builder – S Ramadorai, Former Vice Chairman, Tata Consultancy Services and Chairman, National Skill Development Agency & National Skill Development Corporation