Research is getting the top most priority in higher education today. University, an abode of Knowledge is expected to conduct genuine and high-quality research which has an impact on the society. Teaching and research complement each other; they should be synthesized so as to bring in relevance to the academic activity in the university.
Non availability of adequate proficient faculty is a major constraint for sustainable growth of quality management education in India. There is a dearth of research-oriented faculty in management institutes whether in India or in foreign universities. A shortage of business faculty with doctoral degrees has troubled academia for more than a decade, and although universities have deftly adjusted to keep teaching and research alive, the dearth of PhDs in the marketplace eventually could undermine businesses' ability to compete. Research is a vanguard in management education and fresh knowledge and updated issues should be developed from time to time on management issues. Management research institutes have the responsibility to imbibe the 'research culture' and should treat research activities as an investment rather than a cost.
For undergoing high-quality research and writing good research papers, one requires collecting, interpret and logically document the information.The art of drawing coherent conclusions, supported by appropriate research tools and reference citation is vital for quality Research work. The recent innovations in statistical applications, availability of statistical software's allow scholars/researchers to take a more complex test, multilevel and dynamic models.
AIMA in its constant endeavor to improve management skills has initiated this movement to improve the quality of research. "Doctoral Workshop on Research Methodology Using SPSS and R Analytics leading to certification in Research Methods and R Proficiency" aims to provide a platform for Doctoral Students in various stages of research to develop theoretical concepts and empirical insight on research methods.
The workshop comes with pre-reading material and post workshop reinforcement through online learning option for next 1.5 months. This will reinforce and help participants clear the fundamental concepts of Research Methods. The Software 'R' is the in-built tool to help participant practice these concepts. The dataset provided in Post Workshop online learning platform and clear concepts. The online assessment will help you your proficiency in Research Methods and R. In order to give you a quick start on how to install and start using R, we have put together a Getting Started with R guide. Click here to download it.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
- Develop understanding on right approach towards research design and methods
- Develop knowledge on qualitative and quantitative research method
- Enhance the analytical skills
- Achieve proficiency with software for analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Achieve proficiency in Research Software SPSS (22) and R Analytics
- Facilitate research scholars in completing their thesis and writing and publishing quality papers
- Revise the fundamental concepts quickly.
- Opportunity to be taught by experts and share experience with co-participants across India.
- Workshops focus on maximizing hands on development of practical skills rather than just building theory.
- Opportunity for reinforcing the learning done in the workshop through strong online learning platform using ‘R’ Analytics.
- 1.5 months access to ‘R’ analytics comes with inbuilt in datasets, graphical analytics, time series etc. for continued learning.
- Certificate in Research.
Who should Attend
YOU SHOULD ENROLL FOR THE WORKSHOP IF -----
- You are either a Post Graduate student already enrolled in a Ph.D. (Full time/Part time)
- You have been a working as faculty in University/ B-school etc.
- You are associated with research organizations or conducting / monitoring research at your organization
- Freelancer/ consultant conducting research and preparing proposals
- You are a guide for Ph.D./Research Program