View Photo Gallery
AIMA’s 2nd AI and Big Data Retreat
AI in an Enterprise : Automating Business
14-16th February 2020 : Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa
Digitization’s relentless growth is generating an immense volume of data that is humanly difficult to interpret or use quickly and adequately. The advent of 5G will only make this challenge greater, as data flows will multiply. To take advantage of business intelligence offered by data, enterprises need to automate analytics and decisions considerably. AI can not only automate machines but also cognitive functions.
AI is set to make a transformative impact on computing, commerce, transportation, infrastructure, healthcare, governance, security and just about every part of the economy. AI will enable a new level of partnership between humans and machines and foster greater productivity and innovation.
The big challenges faced by Enterprises vis-à-vis AI are
- How can AI help enterprises achieve greater efficiency in operations?
- How can AI accelerate product and business model innovation?
- How should enterprises select or develop the appropriate AI solutions?
To answer these relevant questions, AIMA is organising the 2nd edition of its AI and Big Data Retreat scheduled from February 14-16, 2020 at Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa.
The theme for the Retreat this year is “AI in an Enterprise : Automating Business”
The Retreat is being chaired by TV Mohandas Pai, Chairman, Manipal Global Education. Umakant Soni, Co-founder, AI foundry and Advisor & Founding Partner, pi Ventures is the Program Director.
The speakers include
- TV Mohandas Pai, Retreat Chairman & Chairman, Manipal Global Education Services
- Umakant Soni, Program Director & Co-founder, AI foundry and Advisor & Founding Partner, pi Ventures
- Pulak Ghosh, IIMB Chair of Excellence & Professor, Decision Sciences & Center of Public Policy, IIM, Bangalore
- Arnab Kumar, Program Director, NITI Aayog
- Devendra Chawla, CEO and Managing Director, Spencer’s Retail Limited
- Arjun Jain, Co-founder, Priorfree AI;Adjunct Professor, CDS Dept., IISc. and AI Foundry
- Rohit Rathi, Co-founder, Karmalife
- Gaurav Aggrawal, Research Scientist, Google Research & Former Head of Data Science & AI - Ola
- Vijay Chandru, Co-Founder, Strand Life Sciences
- Utkarsh B, Technology Advisor to CEO & Distinguished Architect, Flipkart
The Retreat would provide an excellent opportunity for discussing issues related to AI and its strategies in a relaxed and informal environment.
AIMA’s AI and Big Data Retreat
Smart Business : Putting AI and Big Data to Work
12-14 October, 2018 I Hotel Taj Fort Aguada, Goa
First edition of AI and Big Data Retreat was successfully organized from 12 to 14 October, 2018 in Goa.
How will your business look like in a world transformed by AI and Big Data? Are you prepared for the disruptive change that AI and Big Data will bring about in your industry? Today, companies need to use learning machines to understand their markets better and to employ smart algorithms to deliver innovative products faster. But, there is a lot of understanding which is required to make adoption of these technologies easier within an organisation. It can only be done by building a supporting mindset and ecosystem.
Against this backdrop of these challenges and opportunities for leadership, AIMA had organised its First edition of AI and Big Data Retreat was successfully organized from 12 to 14 October, 2018 in Goa.
The retreat having its theme “Smart Business : Putting AI and Big Data to work” was Co-chaired by Soumitra Dutta, Former Dean and Professor of Management at Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, New York and TV Mohandas Pai, Immediate Past President, AIMA and Chairman, Manipal Global Education Services.
The speakers at the Retreat included :
- Soumitra Dutta, Former Dean and Professor of Management at Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, New York
- TV Mohandas Pai, Immediate Past President, AIMA and Chairman, Manipal Global Education Services
- KK Natarajan, Executive Chairman, Mindtree
- Pulak Ghosh, Professor Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Sriram Raghavan, Vice President– IBM Research & CTO, IBM India
- Manish Singhal, Founding Partner, Pi Ventures
- Akash Gupta, CTO and Co-Founder, GreyOrange Pte Ltd
- Abhishek Pitti, Founder and CEO, Nucleus Vision
- Madhu Rao, Co-Founder, Excellence4u Worldwide
The retreat was attended by over 20 leaders and included interactive sessions, case studies, talks by inspirational leaders and more.