- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the alumni association.
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revised room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- At least 3 months experience coordinating special events.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.