Professional Individual Membership
AIMA Membership helps to promote professional management practices in all areas and fosters a national managerial ethos. It also provides a forum for mutual sharing of management ideas, experience and expertise. AIMA membership recognizes and honors managerial excellence at each level of the organization and represents the interest of the managerial fraternity.
GRADES OF PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP (PIMs)
There are four grades of Professional Individual Members (PIMs) who are entitled to use the following titles:
The AIMA Council of Management confers Honorary Fellowship on eminent persons. No applications are called for this category.
To become eligible, he/she must have the following qualifications:
1. Applicant should already be AIMA member or his/her organization should be a member for at least one year.
2. Person applying should currently be associated with an organization / company or association.
3. Applicant should possess outstanding and extraordinary qualification and experience and should be at senior position and responsibility. Also, should be the authority to whom people reports or the authority to whom applicant reports is sufficiently high in the organization.
4. Have attained distinction in one of the following ways:
- Planning or operation or strategy related work activities.
- Teaching a major course in an academic discipline at a premium management institution.
- Expounding useful theories, principles or methods of management.
5. The person should have wide knowledge or expertize in the field of management and should have made a significant contribution to advancing the knowledge.
6. Applicant should be holding a prominent position that can have a positive impact on AIMA's overall activities.
7. Management Professional or equivalent with illustrious management career and significant contribution towards AIMA and professional management movement to their credit through publications / research, faculty contribution, participation in AIMA activities etc. outside the sphere of employment.
8. Recommended / Nominated and seconded by at least two other fellow members / Committee Chairman / Council Members of AIMA familiar with the applicant.
9. Should be one of the following:
- Management Professional as President / Chairman / Director- Head of the Institutions / Chief Executive / Vice President / General Manager in Public / Private Sector Enterprises with turnover of Rs.1000 crores/ Senior Management of SME’s.
- Senior Public Administrative Official not less than Joint Secretary in the Government of India or equivalent.
- Defence Services official of the rank of Brigadier or equivalent and above.
- Academician in Management or related areas of Professor Grade in recognized educational institutions of high standard.
- Technical or Legal Professional / Chartered Accountant / Cost & Works Accountant / Company Secretary.
10. Fellowships also depend on Designation, Qualification, Organization Turnover, Contribution to Management Development and Special Observations.
11. AIMA Fellowship be limited preferably to three per year, but in any case maximum of five in a year.
12. Association & involvement with AIMA should be given significance
13. Governing Body (Executive Board/ Standing Committee) should have the right to invite applications or take up for consideration.
This grade is applicable to management professionals / equivalent. Applicants should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
1. Should have attained the age of 21 years.
2. Should be one of the following:
- Executive / Public Administrator / Defence Services Official / Academician in management or related area.
- Technical or legal professional / Chartered Accountant / Cost and Works Accountant / Company Secretary qualified from India / equivalent foreign institution.
3. Degree/Diploma in management from AIMA or a recognized University or Institution: or general management course from a recognized body.
This grade is applicable to students undergoing professional course in Management from recognized / reputed institutions. This membership may subsequently be upgraded to a higher grade, after completion of the management programme, or as and when eligible. Applicants should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Should be graduate in any discipline from a recognized University
- Should be undergoing MBA Programme any functional management programme from a recognized University or Institution.
These eligibility guidelines are only illustrative, indicating the broad requirements for admission of members to various grades. The actual evaluation is, however, left to the Fellowship and Membership Committees and the AIMA Council, whose objective is to fully satisfy themselves about the suitability of the applicants vis-à-vis the professional standards of AIMA.
To apply for membership, please fill in the appropriate application form in duplicate, and send it along with demand draft for the amount of entrance fee and annual / life membership subscription, directly to the Membership Division. After scrutiny the application will be considered by the Council. Thereafter, the applicant will be intimated regarding the admission, giving the grade of membership, and the date of admission.
New members are enrolled on a financial year basis. Anyone admitted between April to September shall have to pay full year’s subscription. Anyone admitted between October to March shall have to pay half year’s subscription. In both cases, entrance fee shall have to be paid in full.
Senior citizen members over 65 years of age will be charged 50 % of subscription fee on both annual & life membership.
Representation At The General Meeting Of AIMA
Hon. Fellows, Fellows and Members shall have one vote each at the General Meetings.
||One Time Entrance
@ 18% (Rs)
||One Time Entrance
Fee (US $)
@ 18% (US$)
Transfer Fee (from one grade to another)
Domestic Member 100 + 18% GST = 118(Indian)
Overseas Member US$ 24
New members are enrolled on a financial year basis. Anyone admitted between April to September shall have to pay full year’s subscription. Anyone admitted between October to March shall have to pay half year’s subscription. In both cases entrance fee shall have to be paid in full.
Senior citizen members over 65 years of age will be charged 50% of subscription fee on both annual & life membership.
All subscriptions and entrance fee will have to be paid only by a bank draft drawn in favor of ALL INDIA MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION, payable at New Delhi.
Subscriptions are subject to review from time to time by the Management Council of AIMA, without prior notice to the members.
Download Membership Forms
For further details, please contact :
Ms Shalini Ahuja / Mr Anoobhav Sehgal
Manager - LMA Relations & Membership
ALL INDIA MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION
Management House, 14, Institutional Area, Lodi Road,
New Delhi – 110003
Tel: 011-24608518 (D) 43128100, 24645100, Ext.:531 / 541
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com